WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE THERAPY?
- Are you a runner experiencing knee pain?
- Is your heel pain limiting you to enjoy long walks?
- Does your wrist/elbow pain give you discomfort in picking up or gripping things?
- Do you have muscle stiffness or muscular pain which is bothering you while doing your favourite activities?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, Shockwave Therapy could be a solution for your pain and discomfort!
Here are some helpful facts about Shockwave therapy:
WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE THERAPY & HOW DOES IT WORK?
Use of Shockwave Therapy was first introduced in Medical clinical settings for treating urinary stones.
Shockwave Therapy (Also known as Extra-Corporeal Shockwave Therapy) are basically sound waves having high pressure followed by low amplitude pulses applied by means of a “Shockwave Head” with a coupling gel. It is an effective non-invasive treatment tool that is often used by Physiotherapists to help reduce the muscular tension in different muscles or soft tissues as indicated. Shockwave Therapy is gaining popularity among Physiotherapists to get amazing results for treating those chronic, nagging pain associated with musculoskeletal conditions.
Shockwave therapy has proven to be facilitating new blood supply to the injured area/tissues which help in tissue healing and repair.
Research has also stated that shockwave therapy promotes the production of pain-inhibiting substances in the body for pain reduction.
75%-95% Success Rate
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Scar Tissue Treatment
- Tennis Elbow
- Jumpers Knee
- Calcific Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Stress Fractures
- Non surgical treatment
- No side effects
- Accelerates healing
- Coverage available from most insurance companies